[Ovmsdev] Nissan Leaf Remote Climate Control working on Gen 2

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sun May 8 07:19:54 HKT 2016

On 05/04/2016 11:14 PM, Michael Balzer wrote:
> there is no climate control command set yet, you can introduce one.
> Try to define it as common as possible, so it can be used for other
> vehicles as well.

Should there be one command to turn on climate control and another to
turn it off, or one command with a parameter for on or off?

> If you add the command set to the framework instead of the Leaf
> module, take care to also add a compiler option, as ROM space is very
> tight on the Twizy.

The "command" I've added is just a #define in net_msg.h. There's no
state or logic involved -- when you receive the command, wake up the car
and send the appropriate CAN frame. If the car is already awake, it
ignores the wakeup and message. So I don't think adding it to the
framework is needed?

Having said that, the Nissan implementation of the feature sends the
command can frame repeatedly for a while, and a "send this message at
this frequency for this time" seems like something other cars might use?

> Chris, a german Twizy & Leaf driver, also prepared some Leaf images
> and asked me to add them to the Android App.

Chris & I have been talking -- it turns out we both added Leaf images to
the android app but I never got round to talking about it.

> I can add a simple climate control UI to the App along with those
> images if you like.

That would be great!