[Ovmsdev] Nissan Leaf Remote Climate Control working on Gen 2

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Mon May 2 18:39:30 HKT 2016

Hi,

I had a chance to test my updated Nissan Leaf firmware on a Gen 2 Leaf
and it just works. I still haven't made a circuit to interface with the
wakeup wire on my Gen 1, but this isn't necessary for Gen 2.

Currently I'm abusing the Homelink and Alert commands to turn on and off
Climate Control. Is there a more suitable pair of commands? I've got the
android app and I don't see an obvious user interface for controlling
the air conditioning.

Should climate control require a pin like unlock and valet mode do? I'm
thinking it doesn't need one because it's already protected by the SMS
source phone number and the module password? Even if the source phone
number can be spoofed, the impact isn't too great.

I also implemented remote charging (since it's the same CAN message with
a different value), I haven't tested that.

See
https://carrott.org/git/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System.git/shortlog/refs/heads/nissan-leaf-climate-control
for this firmware.