[Ovmsdev] Nissan Leaf Climate Control

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Fri Jun 3 19:11:56 HKT 2016

I sent a pull request with Nissan Leaf remote climate control support.

I also wrote up a quick blog post with a photo of my gen 1 wakeup
circuit:
https://carrott.org/blog/archives/158-OVMS-Nissan-Leaf-Remote-Climate-Control.html
I'll post a schematic of the circuit. Gen 2 doesn't require any hardware
modifications.

I added

#define CMD_ClimateControl 43 // (ON or OFF)

with argument 'on' and 'off'. I'm using temporary hack to enable climate
control via the homelink buttons.

If CMD_ClimateControl is suitable, could we add support in the Apps for
a better button to toggle it on and off?

I see there is a car_doors5bits.HVAC to signal that climate control is
on, but I don't think that is exposed in the android interface. This
would be a good candidate to provide feedback that the climate control
is on.