[Ovmsdev] OVMS v3 - Microcontroller
Michael.Eymann at networkz.de
Tue Feb 2 03:30:30 HKT 2016
what about opening our garden, providing a public park which could be used for several features beside the scope of this group?
3G/4G Wlan Bluetooth GPS whatever could be added / replaced easily….
what i mean is vocabulary like:
- raspberry pi
- CarPI (CarPC)
- OBD - smartphone speedometer gadgets (sure really useless - but the mainstream love it)
- Harry´s laptimer support (http://www.gps-laptimer.de <http://www.gps-laptimer.de/>) // video: Harry's LapTimer GPS/OBD II Video Overlay - Nordschleife with 911 GTS <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTCNhmsFZBE> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTCNhmsFZBE <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTCNhmsFZBE>
- Wlan.. repeater - hotspot… (my favorit)
this could also enable add on development….
- surround view parking (raspian & openCV?) // AVM: AVM (Around View Monitoring /monitor ) 4CH camera become 360 degree Parking Guidance System <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q9iVoSvjGk> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q9iVoSvjGk <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q9iVoSvjGk>
- KITT Watch - car call?
- replace Infotainment systems
- SmartAutomation like OpenHab integration (They call it „Binding“ - Tesla Model S Binding is already integrated - did they overtake us? ;-) http://www.openhab.org <http://www.openhab.org/>
Am 01.02.2016 um 18:51 schrieb Dominik Westner <ovms at nikwest.de>:
Generally I think 3G doesn’t make a lot of sense. A new platform should be 4G capable. As far as I know 2G is more likely to stay longer than 3G.
I know already some areas in Germany and Austria where you can find 4G and maybe 2G, but no 3G.
For example seeedstudio retargeted their Rephone 3G module to 4G after some investigations about the future of 3G.
Just my 2 cents
> On 01 Feb 2016, at 18:30, Arthur Hebert <ahebert at gmail.com <mailto:ahebert at gmail.com>> wrote:
> The Particle Electron has recently caught my attention: https://www.particle.io/cellular <https://www.particle.io/cellular>. Actual performance and usability are unknown, since the first units don't ship until later this month, but it has some attractive features:
> low-cost M2M-oriented international SMS/data plans ($3/mo. for 20k messages)
> STM32F205 MCU with 1MB flash, 128k RAM and 2 CAN buses
> free development IDE: https://www.particle.io/dev <https://www.particle.io/dev>
> also a free web-based dev environment at https://build.particle.io <https://build.particle.io/> (I assume/hope this will support the Electron cellular board when it comes out)
> I know it doesn't come close to meeting the RAM requirements, but the cellular plan is a pretty big draw IMO. Perhaps worth using this module in conjunction with another board with a better MCU?
OvmsDev mailing list
OvmsDev at lists.teslaclub.hk
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OvmsDev