[Ovmsdev] Open API

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at openvehicles.com
Mon Feb 1 13:18:37 HKT 2016

Robert,

Interested, but really no idea what you are trying to do here.

It would be wonderful if there was a standardised vehicle protocol, and all the manufacturers complied to that (both on the vehicle and App sides), but I just don’t see it happening. They seem to love their walled gardens, and hardly ever allow anyone in. Those who do sneak over the walls run the risk of being thrown out at any time. Hoping that they all contribute to a common park is great, but unlikely to happen.

Too negative?

Or am I missing something?

Perhaps you can explain in more details what you are building?

Regards, Mark.

P.S. If a standard existed, OVMS would adhere to it. We only rolled our own because there was nothing out there already.