[Ovmsdev] Kia Soul EV version 0.2 problems

Robert Cotran robert at cotran.ca
Thu Nov 5 06:23:39 HKT 2015

I'm up and running!

The power is to the module is now stable, and I went out and got a
Rogers SIM (not a Bell SIM -- attention Canadians, Bell SIMs do NOT
work), and I can talk to the car finally.

PHEW!

I got a data-only plan so SMSes are 15c each, so I really want to figure
out how to get data (GPRS) communications working in an ad hoc way
because I can't rely on text messages -- too expensive. I'll do some
reading about that.

Then I'll start testing out the Kia Soul EV specific functionality.

Woohoo!  this is awesome!

Rob