[Ovmsdev] Android update 3.3.1

Christopher Cook christopher.cook at webprofusion.com
Sun Feb 1 10:13:28 HKT 2015

Michael,

Nice work! If you're interested in extending the OCM integration at all
you could consider:

  * Add &includecomments=true to the API call and you will get a
    UserComments list for locations where people have left check-in
    comments, you will also get a MediaItems list when people have added
    photos.
      o Example with lots of comments:
        http://api.openchargemap.io/v2/poi/?chargepointid=5546&includecomments=true

      o Example with several images:
        http://api.openchargemap.io/v2/poi/?chargepointid=23178&includecomments=true
  * You could add basic buttons to edit, comment and uploads photos.
    These would need to launch a browser activity with the appropriate URL
      o Edit: http://openchargemap.org/site/poi/edit/{OCM-ID}
      o Add Comment: http://openchargemap.org/site/poi/addcomment/{OCM-ID}
      o Add Photo: http://openchargemap.org/site/poi/addmediaitem/{OCM-ID}
      o Add A New Location (bit more complex an demanding on the
        browser): http://openchargemap.org/site/poi/add

I would invalidate the cache a bit more frequently than 4 weeks
(depending on what it's caching). In regions where OCM is popular we
would have a number of POI updates every day. I don't know if the app
informs the user they're seeing cached data and lets them do anything
about it?

On a tanget, we do have an experimental (subject to change) API call for
smaller POI result sets: http://api.openchargemap.io/v2/compactpoi/ it's
the same as the /poi call in terms of filters but it returns a much more
concise result set. Might be worth looking at.

Best regards,
Christopher Cook