[Ovmsdev] OvmsDev Digest, Vol 32, Issue 5

Aatheus virtualhermit at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 14:27:24 HKT 2014

On 09/24/2014 09:00 PM, ovmsdev-request at lists.teslaclub.hk wrote:
> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 09:51:47 +0800
> From: Mark Webb-Johnson <mark at webb-johnson.net>
> Subject: Re: [Ovmsdev] CFG commands on RT_Production
> To: OVMS Developers <ovmsdev at lists.teslaclub.hk>
>
> Jeff,
>
> It should be sufficient, for the Nissan Leaf, to use the V2_EXPERIMENTAL build and select NL and the vehicle type.
>
> You also need to make sure you've got the new style Nissan Leaf OBDII cable (with the EV bus CAN pins, not the CAR CAN bus).
>
> Regards, Mark.
Mark,

I tried recompiling because I see that the V2_EXPERIMENTAL firmware is
from 7 months ago, but the vehice_nissanleaf.c was last modified in
July. I had to exclude all of the other vehicles from the build, or I
got the "cannot fit" linker error.

I did not know about the custom LEAF ODBII cable. Was it recently added
to the Fasttech site? I could have sworn that it wasn't there a month ago.

Thanks,
-Jeff