[Ovmsdev] PICkit changes parameters (EEPROM)

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sat May 31 21:19:28 HKT 2014

Hi all,

my PICkit2 frequently alters single EEPROM cells on flashing. It's set
to "preserve EEPROM" and mostly does so, the effect only for example
changes the server parameter from "64..." to "S4...".

Other parameter slots also have been affected, my last flash changed my
registered phone id, and a forum member reports a change of the first
vehicle id byte from "D" to "R".

Is there a way to make the flashing process reliably preserve the EEPROM?

Thanks,

Michael Balzer * Paradestr. 8 * D-42107 Wuppertal