[Ovmsdev] GEVCU 5 hardware

Robert Sharpe robert.sharpe at evergreen-consulting.co.uk
Thu May 15 18:31:17 HKT 2014

Hi Kevin,

It seems sensible to assess the opportunity.

If someone more informed than me can list the relative features, potential and cost of the two units then that would put us in a better position to comment.

Regards,
Rob

---- On Thu, 15 May 2014 11:00:50 +0100 Kevin Sharpe <kevin.sharpe at zerocarbonworld.org> wrote ----

Version 5 of the Generalised Electric Vehicle Control Unit (GEVCU) will include BT, WiFi, and isolated I/O in a low cost and rugged automotive enclosure. Many of the things on my OVMS wish list!

GEVCU development is progressing well and I’ve suggested they add GPS as an option in the final version;

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/gevcu-development

Would their be any interest in porting OVMS to the GEVCU hardware? Or even in merging the projects possibly?

I ask this because the more resources we can bring to the project the more likely it is to flourish.

Kevin Sharpe | Founder & Patron | Zero Carbon World is a UK Registered Charity #1141347