[Ovmsdev] OVMS v3

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Tue Jun 17 16:24:09 HKT 2014

Regarding the display, only smartphones can possibly do the job. I got
quite a lot comments from users saying it's good the OVMS can be used
without a smartphone. Also I personally would like to have a dedicated
fixed mounted display for the additional live info from the OVMS -- in
fact that's why the Twizplay (www.twizplay.de) is so appealing.

Btw: the Twizplay uses an EA DOGM128-6 LCD module which can be
controlled via SPI and costs around 11 Euro (1 pc). There's a touch
panel option for this display available, not sure about getting the
touch input via SPI though.

For the Samsung NX300, I thought that does 2-3 hours with active camera
+ display + wifi. But I'm not certain about that, just read some
consumer tests because of the hacking possibilities :-)

>>> www.mainpine.com <http://www.mainpine.com>