[Ovmsdev] Super Typhoon Usagi Headed for Hong Kong

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sun Sep 22 11:57:39 HKT 2013

Thanks, Tom.

Thankfully, we are quite used to Typhoons here in Hong Kong and live in well-protected concrete buildings. When I grew up here, things were much worse with literally thousands being swept off the hillsides to their deaths every time a big one hit.

My kids are quite anxious about this one, but the story of the three little pigs helps (the brick/concrete structure did survive, right?).

That said, this is a big one. So I might be forced offline for day or so while it sweeps through. Looking at the wind direction, for me Monday is likely to be worse than Sunday.

Regards, Mark.