[Ovmsdev] CANBus code

Collin Kidder collink at kkmfg.com
Sun Sep 22 05:35:08 HKT 2013

Hello, its my first time posting here. I'm the primary developer for the GEVCU project. I have been watching the discussion about canbus filtering. This reminded me of the first time I found this project. I have to wonder why the OVMS project does not abstract away hardware implementation details. I find it odd that code to interface with a certain car is expected to directly use hardware registers. Why is that? Wouldn't it be better to have a canbus library that handles hardware access for everything else?