[Ovmsdev] Moderation

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Tue Oct 15 12:38:03 HKT 2013

Just a short note on moderation of this list.

When users first sign up, their 'moderation' flag is set. This means that their posts are held until the flag is cleared by a 'moderator'.

I'd rather not, but have to do this because of spammers. The situation is not as bad as with the forums, but we do get spammers sign up here and try to send in their crap, and I don't want it to get through to the readers.

My current practice is to clear the moderation flag for each user, the first time they post something sensible.

So, please be re-assured that there is no censorship here - just an initial delay when you first sign up and start posting, and purely in an attempt to keep spammers (first up against the wall, come the revolution) at bay.