[Ovmsdev] 12V battery alerts

Håkon Markussen hakon.markussen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 23:07:49 HKT 2013

When setting Notifications (parameter #3) to "IP" or "SMSIP" I finally
receive alerts - including Minimum SOC (feature #9) ;)

The 12V Critical Alert triggers quite often, even if my 12V-battery is new
and in top condition.
I've measured that the car_12vline reports ~0,5V less than the real battery
voltage, so I plan to change the file net.c (line 1458) from:

*    // Trigger 12V alert if voltage <= ref - 1.5 V:    if
(!(can_minSOCnotified & CAN_MINSOC_ALERT_12V)            && (car_12vline <=
(car_12vline_ref - 15)))    {      can_minSOCnotified |=
CAN_MINSOC_ALERT_12V;      net_req_notification(NET_NOTIFY_12VLOW);    }*

to:

    // Trigger 12V alert if voltage <= ref - 1.5 V:
    if (!(can_minSOCnotified & CAN_MINSOC_ALERT_12V)
            && (car_12vline <= (car_12vline_ref - *20*)))
    {
      can_minSOCnotified |= CAN_MINSOC_ALERT_12V;
      net_req_notification(NET_NOTIFY_12VLOW);
    }

and compile it to a local hex-build and test in on my Think City.
Keep you posted about the result.

Best regards.
Håkon