[Ovmsdev] Debug vs Normal messages in Tesla Roadster

Tom Saxton tom at idleloop.com
Tue Nov 5 07:19:56 HKT 2013

> 1426 00000100000000000000000000000000 04000000     67108864

That one is probably from my car, the error number and data value agree.
Photo available upon request. Hopefully, it's not a common error.

I'm running the VDS in debug mode, which changes the text message, but
with that, my alert said:

HVAC: High current pump failure

This error shuts down the coolant pump and aborts any charge in progress
and won't allow a charge to start. It's not a good message to see.

Tesla diagnosed it as the coolant pump "running too hard" (which I take to
mean drawing too much current), which they attributed to the coolant level
being too low. Upon their advice, I added 1/2 cup of distilled water and
it's been fine since.

   Tom