[Ovmsdev] OVMS Leaf Support

Jeremy Whaling jeremy.whaling at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 01:36:33 HKT 2013

Hi All!

Just joined the list, I'm interested in helping sniff the car CAN bus of
the leaf to help with development. One of my main goals is to have the
ability to start and stop charging remotely via SMS. I also would like to
have better control over remote climate control activation
(heat/AC/vent/defrost etc), so I am really interested in sniffing the
traffic when doing a charge timer override and invoking the remote climate
control over carwings. I also have a Brusa charger under the hood but it's
located on the ev bus (and I believe not query-able from the car can bus)
so I'm not sure how much it can help.

Anyways, I'm currently on a business trip but I'm ordering a PCAN (can-usb)
tool today and hope to be monitoring soon!

Take care,

Jeremy Whaling