[Ovmsdev] Can-re tool

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sun Nov 3 17:12:37 HKT 2013

The plugins directory is just for CAN-RE-TOOL plugins. Standard perl libraries should be installed in the system paths.

Assuming you are using activestate perl, can you just use the cpan tool to install them? It is a bit of a kludge on windows (as no C compiler as standard), and much easier on Linux / OSX, but should still be possible (I think the way it works is activestate maintains a mirror of cpan binary builds).

Regards, Mark.

On 3 Nov, 2013, at 2:05 pm, support at nirvtek.com wrote:

> Hi
>
> I’ve put the .pm modules into the plugins directory. The script does an @INC with the plugins directory.
>
> Not sure how to add it to the default library path of PERL. The environment variables for PERL don’t appear to exist/.
>
> Thanks
> Sharanga
>
> On Nov 3, 2013, at 7:41 AM, Mark Webb-Johnson <mark at webb-johnson.net> wrote:
>
>> Sharanga,
>>
>> How have you installed EV and Common::Sense?
>>
>> They need to be installed into the perl system on the box. It sounds like you may have put them in the plugins directory of CAN-RE-TOOL?
>>
>> Regards, Mark.
>>
>> On 1 Nov, 2013, at 10:36 pm, support at nirvtek.com wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I don't know whether this is the right list for this.
>>>
>>> I can't get the can-re tool to run on Windows. I downloaded EV.pm and common::sense, but it yields this:
>>>
>>> common/sense.pm did not return a true value at ../plugins/EV.pm line 121, <DATA>
>>> line 451.
>>> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ../plugins/EV.pm line 121, <DATA> line 451.
>>>
>>> Compilation failed in require at canretool.pl line 38, <DATA> line 451.
>>> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at canretool.pl line 38, <DATA> line 451.
>>>
>>> !help
>>>
>>> Thanks