[Ovmsdev] v2.2.2

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Thu Jan 17 09:39:46 HKT 2013

I think I may have a solution for this (going forward).

If we use the git 'tags' feature, to tag each released firmware build, github will allow us to publish the tree at that time. For example, see:

https://github.com/markwj/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System/tree/v2.2.2/vehicle/firmware

And an example link to the v2.2.2 V2 production firmware is:

https://github.com/markwj/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System/raw/v2.2.2/vehicle/firmware/V2_production.hex

That link is quite clean and should be stable going forward. It will just take some discipline to set things up correctly during a release:

Build all firmware
Copy the .hex files to the firmware folder
Update the change log
Commit
Tag the commit
push (--tags) to github