[Ovmsdev] ODBII source

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Fri Feb 22 10:21:08 HKT 2013

Nikki,

I've looked at some of those NL thread discussions on can bus, and it seems strange. Normally in such cars, the core data is forwarded on to the master can bus (for diagnostic tools, etc). It would be surprising if the NL did not have something as fundamental as SOC on the primary OBDII connector can bus.

Do you know if anyone has tried requesting the standard OBDII fuel level PID:

TX:		0x7DF		02 01 2F 00 00 00 00 00
RX:		0x7E[8-F]		03 41 2F XX 00 00 00 00	[with XX being fuel level % XX*100/255]

It might be worth a try...

Regards, Mark.