[Ovmsdev] What Cellular Provider, and how much are you paying (US$)

Thomas Kreisel tom.kreisel at gmx.de
Tue Sep 11 06:08:41 HKT 2012

Hi,

1. Germany
2. Not yet decided, but I'm considering this: BigSim, D2 Net, Prepaid
3. $5 upfront
4. $0 monthly, Data Flat exists for $7 per month
5. 0.08 EUR per SMS, 0.49 EUR per MB, per 10KB steps
6. currently there are plenty of offers of this kind, all those Android smart phone & tablets people are using it, so I see no issues in the next years
7. Maybe this has already been discussed:
- At least in Germany D1/D2 (GSM 900MHz) and E-Plus/O2 (GSM 1800MHz) have slightly different performance. E.g. in my office I only get a D-Net connection and E Net won't work, but this might only be a problem while inside buildings, but if this might help in avoiding connection trouble with OVMS, it will be important for the user.
- Rooming. Some providers charge MUCH more if abroad, this can even happen while next to a border, so one might check this too.

KR Thomas

-------- Original-Nachricht --------