[Ovmsdev] RAM

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Mon Nov 26 03:51:33 HKT 2012

Mark,

I have begun implementing my battery monitoring as mentioned earlier,
and it consumes a lot of RAM, as expected. I'm now down to 6% free RAM,
or 193 bytes.

Am I about to get into trouble with this? I.e. does the framework need
some dynamic memory, or can we theoretically use the entire remaining
RAM for vehicle stuff?

As far as I understood the C18 docs right, the software stack will by
default be limited to one bank, and all variables are fixed at compile
time. So it seems we can use up all RAM?

(Besides reserving some for future framework extensions of course...)

Thanks,

Michael Balzer * Paradestr. 8 * D-42107 Wuppertal