[Ovmsdev] New features: sufficient charge alerts, ideal max range

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Wed Nov 14 01:41:54 HKT 2012

Mark,

I'm sure it was a full reset, and they still occur frequently, but only
while charging it seems.

I just checked RCON and STKPTR: it seems the resets are due to watchdog
timeouts (TO).

Do I need to instrument the code with some checkpoints (storing
checkpoint ids into a persistent feature) to track down where this
occurs, or is there an easier way?

Do you have a suggestion where to go hunting first? It's most probably
not in my Twizy code, as I've got no loop condition at all.

Thanks,
Michael

PS: here's the RCON checking code for others trying to debug similar
problems:

Insert this right at the top of main() just after clearing sys_features[]:

   // DEBUG: save last reset reason in feature 7 (RCON bits inverted for
readability):
   sys_features[7] = (~RCON) & 0x1f;
   if( STKPTRbits.STKFUL ) sys_features[7] += 32;
   if( STKPTRbits.STKUNF ) sys_features[7] += 64;
   // ...and clear RCON:
   RCONbits.NOT_BOR = 1;     // b0 = 1  = Brown Out Reset
   RCONbits.NOT_POR = 1;     // b1 = 2  = Power On Reset
   //RCONbits.NOT_PD = 1;    // b2 = 4  = Power Down detection
   //RCONbits.NOT_TO = 1;    // b3 = 8  = watchdog TimeOut occured
   RCONbits.NOT_RI = 1;      // b4 = 16 = Reset Instruction

=> a feature dump will show the last reset reason.