[Ovmsdev] New features: sufficient charge alerts, ideal max range

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Nov 12 08:07:06 HKT 2012

Michael,

The feature #10 was somewhere we suspected was a problem, so added the record there. But, I too have never seen it fire. I was planning on removing the check for the next firmware.

The modem resetting, in GSM/GPRS outages, is normal and expected. But, the module should not reset under normal conditions. If you are seeing this, then it is either a code fault (an endless loop, most likely) or stack overflow, causing watchdog timer to fire.

When you say you saw the module reset, are you sure it wasn't a modem reset? If the module resets you'll get the firmware version being blinked out. Modem resets are highlighted by both red and green leds being constant on for a second or two.

Regards, Mark.