[Ovmsdev] Twizy / 500 kbps CAN lockups

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sat Nov 3 03:54:03 HKT 2012

During my tests I had two times some sort of a CAN lockup, i.e.
everything worked except the CAN reception -- was fixed by switching the
car off + on.

I'm not sure yet what caused that, it (of course) did not happen again
since I included a first debug output of the RXERRCNT...

I saw the 1 mbps setup does not follow the intrepid timing calculator
standard parameters but increases prop delay from 1 to 3 and decreases
phase 1 from 5 to 3.

A similar change to the 500 kbps parameters though did not work with the
Twizy.

Do you have any hints on debugging this?

My current setup for 500 kbps is:

     // 500 kbps -- tool recommendation + multisampling:
     BRGCON1 = 0x00;
     BRGCON2 = 0xFA;
     BRGCON3 = 0x07;

Thanks,

Michael Balzer * Paradestr. 8 * D-42107 Wuppertal