[Ovmsdev] Car firmware: 1.2.5

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sun May 13 13:14:31 HKT 2012

William,

If you get a chance, just get a full log dump of that can bus the OVMS uses. Textual is fine (csv, whatever) and a timestamp would be useful. I'm willing to do the analysis, I just need a can dump containing home link transmission messages.

Useful if you can key the home link to some other recognizable event. For example, open passenger door, activate home link, close passenger door. We then need only to look at a short part of the log, looking for something new. Car doors are good, but also trunk and hood. Keep clear of charge port because opening that triggers all sorts of other stuff. Also good if you can do it a few times. Whichever, let us know the exact sequence (eg; open left door @15sec in, activate home link 1 about 2 seconds later, then closed left door, did this three times, etc) and how you keyed the event.

If you want to look for the event itself, all we know is at:

  https://raw.github.com/markwj/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System/master/vehicle/Car%20Module/canbus_notes.txt

A sub-message <B1> on ID#102 is the most likely, as those are messages from the VDS.

Regards, Mark