[Ovmsdev] OVMS Hardware v2.0

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Jun 11 09:16:07 HKT 2012

Tom,

That board could do so much more than GSM SMS.

Power requirements are a little worrying, though. 3.2watts without modem. OVMS v1 uses about 0.48watts at idle, and 0.96watts worst case - but those are with the modem. Without the modem, probably 1/10th of that.

I actually prefer the TS-7552 (same site). A much nicer enclosure, and 4 external USB ports. Also, lower power (can be reduced to 1.7watts).

Interestingly, I don't see any option for 12v power via the DB9. I guess Scott modified it by internal patch cable.

Regards, Mark.