[Ovmsdev] More Cars: Twizy and Tazzari

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sat Jun 9 20:58:07 HKT 2012

Patrick,

I think the best is to first find out as much as you can about the data available on the CAN buses of the vehicles. Getting the module to work in the car is not normally that hard - it is decoding the messages.

For the Opel Ampera, we have a couple of people on this list already working on that.

For the other two, we really know very little. Usually the manufacturers are unwilling to part with the necessary information for less than several thousands US$, and even then only to their service partners. For the current two cars, we've had to reverse-engineer the messages on the CAN bus.

Regards, Mark.