[Ovmsdev] Twizy module 2.1

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Dec 10 08:50:09 HKT 2012

Looks good. I'll try to merge it in.

What is the status of Twizy support now, in your opinion? Is it stable and usable?

I put up a page at:

http://www.openvehicles.com/vehiclesupport

Here's a summary of the vehicle support we have in OVMS at the moment. Functionality for the Tesla Roadster v1.x and v2.x is pretty much complete (although we have lots of ideas for add-on functionality) and support for other vehicles is in progress.

Note that functions marked "experimental" and "development" may not be in the main code repository yet - we recommend you check with the developers mailing list for up-to-date status and code location for these.

Function	Tesla Roadster v1.x	Tesla Roadster v2.x	Volt/Ampera	Renault Twizy
Status	Released	Released	Development	Development
Firmware	1.2.2 or later	1.0.0 or later	VA experimental	RT experimental
Hardware	v1 or v2	v2 or v2	v2	v2
Module	OVMS Module v2	OVMS Module v2	OVMS Module v2	OVMS Module v2
Vehicle Cable	OVMS Data Cable	OVMS Data Cable	Not available (yet)	Not available (yet)
GSM Antenna	OVMS GSM Antenna	OVMS GSM Antenna	OVMS GSM Antenna	OVMS GSM Antenna
GPS Antenna	Not Required	Not Required	OVMS GPS Antenna	OVMS GPS Antenna
Firmware Tool	PICKIT 2	PICKIT 2	PICKIT 2	PICKIT 2
SOC Display	Yes	Yes	Yes	Yes
Range Display	Yes	Yes	Not yet	Yes
GPS Location Display	Yes (car gps)	Yes (car gps)	Yes (OVMS gps)	Yes (OVMS gps)
Speed Display	Yes	Yes	Not yet	Not yet
Charge Status Display	Yes	Yes	Not yet	Yes
Charge Interruption Alerts	Yes	Yes	Not yet	Yes
Charge Control	Yes	Yes	Not yet	Not yet
Lock/Unlock Control	Yes	Yes	Not yet	Not yet
Charge Mode Control	Yes	Yes	Not yet	Not yet
Cabin Pre-heat/cool	Not possible	Not possible	Not yet	Seriously? No
Digital Speedo	Yes	Not yet	n/a	n/a

Does that seem accurate? Anything to add/remove.

I think the v2 branch is stable now, and what we are working from, so perhaps it is time to merge it back into mainline head...

Regards, Mark.