[Ovmsdev] FIAT e-Doblo (same as Peugeot Rifter, Opel Combo, Citroen Berlingo?)

Raphael Mack ramack at raphael-mack.de
Fri Mar 1 05:42:43 HKT 2024

Hi,

I own a eDoblo from Fiat and recently bought an OVMS. Very cool.project, thanks for all.the effort you all have put in it! Beside trouble to permanently plug in the generic ODB2 connector due to space below the cover I face the fact that it is not supported by OVMS. So I created https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/issues/976 and would like to contribute.

In my former life I worked in automotive industry but I already recognized that it is much easier to read a CAN trace if you have a DBC and the well known Vector tools at hand 😃.

In case anyone has some hints where I can get more info about the frames and signals, even from other cars in the same family (EMP2, Peugeot e208, e2008, Opel mokka-e) from the Stellantis brands or former PSA it could be a great help to sort at least some ID into the 'interesting' or 'boring' boxes.

Last but not least any idea where I could get an overall bus architecture for the car from would be cool, as I would like to install the the OVMS in a permanent place different from the ODB2 connector.

Looking forward to a great journey here.

BTW: initially I had trouble receiving mails from the list, as the sending servers IP was on some blacklist and therefore blocked on my incoming mailserver. So if you could put me personally on CC on an answer I'd be happy, just in case this is not yet sorted out.

Regards,
Rapha