[Ovmsdev] Working on ESP-IDF5 + Have a question about ovms_module 'Name'

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Fri Jan 26 09:34:09 HKT 2024

Michael,

Unfortunately, Steve passed away in 2022 so is unlikely to reply :-(

He did work on some of the lower level and more complex parts of OVMS, as well as the command processing framework, and is sorely missed.

I can’t help much with the code you are working on, other than to ask if this functionality is still required in the v5 IDF framework? A lot of stuff we did back then was to address inadequacies in the very new early buggy frameworks coming out of Espressif for the just released ESP-32.

An embedded message was scrubbed...