[Ovmsdev] Hologram

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Tue Nov 28 08:05:01 HKT 2023

To follow up on this, I tried ordering from Mouser, but the order has been stuck in ‘export review’ for a week now with no movement. Still no reply from Hologram themselves.

I can only guess that something has recently changed regarding SIM card export from USA. I know Hong Kong introduced a real name registration for local SIM cards - but both international roaming SIM cards and data-only IOT SIM cards were explicitly excluded from that requirement.

Anyway, I give up. I know I could gray-market import these (thanks for the offers), but it is just too much hassle and we all have more important things to do. I have updated the documentation to reflect that Hologram SIMs are no longer included, but can be purchased directly from Hologram or its distributors, if required.

Regards, Mark.