[Ovmsdev] OVMS support for PSA eCMP vehicles - Opel Corsa-e, Peugeot e208 et al.

Harald Linden harald.linden at 7183.org
Fri Jan 27 06:19:02 HKT 2023

Good evening list,

so, Citroen quietly published the following news at some point during the last week:

"As the supporting platform and 2G/3G technology are outdated, posing additional
security risks and vulnerabilities to data breaches, we have no choice but to
switch off these services from 1 January 2024. This will affect all radio
navigation systems that use a personal SIM card."

It can currently be assumed that this will affect all cars based on the eCMP
platform as listed here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Modular_Platform#eCMP

Currently OVMS does not mention any support for these cars. I've searched this
lists' archives and so far nobody seems to have tinkered with the platform at all.

What options do you see for me, as a technically inclined user to change that?
Currently, off the top of my head I can think of:

- remote hands on affected hardware
- collecting funds to help with an implementation with a kickstarter
- ...that's about it.

I know, I'm not bringing much to the table. I would like to hear your thoughts
on this situation though, as I guess, at least some of the Opel/GM owners here
have been through the same before.

regards

Harald