[Ovmsdev] Advice on mechanism for responsive ECU -> HUD.

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Feb 13 12:05:11 HKT 2023

Greg,

On reflection, I think Michael is actually talking about the vehicle task (ODBII poller), rather than ECU task (OBDII ECU receiver).

That said, my comment applies equally to the vehicle task. Anytime our code has a task and receive queue, the timer handling can be implemented by simply injecting messages into that queue. Many tasks in freertos follow that model.

Regards, Mark