[Ovmsdev] Using Ovms to display information on a HUD

Michael Geddes frog at bunyip.wheelycreek.net
Sun Feb 5 10:05:12 HKT 2023

What I know from logging the CAN busses:
 * The HUD is polling a few times a second without pause (so it's not
that).. and getting responses.
 * The time taken to fetch all 5 frames of the address containing the speed
takes around 0.1 seconds. (so it's not the time taken).
 * There is a pause of 2-3 seconds in CAN messages on bus 1 immediately
after the speed frame fetch
  .. which is obviously where the culprit is lurking.  The poll for that
address (and a couple of others) is set as 1 (so every tick).
I'm now hunting down what is lurking in that gap.

And Yeah as for the HUD freezing altogether - I have power on and power off
scripts that turn on/off the power and ECU. I'm actually suspecting the HUD
not the OVMS (one time when it seemed frozen, I power-cycled the HUD and it
was back on track).

//.ichael