[Ovmsdev] VWEUP module service interval?

Michael Geddes frog at bunyip.wheelycreek.net
Sun Dec 3 10:13:19 HKT 2023

Hey All,

I've been paving the way for 64 bit time_t that's apparently in the newer
esp32 releases.  I'm keen to know how that update to the newer sdk is going
too?

For persistence, I am registering the high 32bits as a second metric with
"_hi" suffix (Similar to how the arrays work).

One thing I've noticed is that there's a standard metric:
    OvmsMetricInt*    ms_v_env_service_time;  // Time to next scheduled
maintenance/service [Seconds]
cf the doc
   v.e.serv.time                            1572590910Sec            Time
of next scheduled maintenance/service [Seconds]

So it's a bit ambiguous but vweup (the only one who sets this metric)
implementation treats this as a  time_t.

I think I will convert it to a 64 bit 'DateLocal' metric.  Thoughts?

//.ichael