[Ovmsdev] Request For Comments - Wireguard VPN

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Fri Apr 28 13:37:22 HKT 2023

I’ve forked the two wolf repos:

https://github.com/openvehicles/wolfssl
https://github.com/openvehicles/wolfssh

However, those are the latest versions (5.6.0 and 1.4.13 respectively) so I am not certain of compatibility with our code base, or how hard it would be to integrate those. We can always branch+tag earlier versions closer to ours if too hard. Our previous wolfSSH was v1.4.6 (February 3, 2021), and wolfSSL Release 4.7.0 (February 16, 2021). From my understanding, WolfSSH requires the crypt parts of WolfSSL to build.

Doing it this way, and bringing these in as submodules to our code, would be the best way to maintain compatibility with upstream. If it is really too difficult (given the number of changes Stephen made to get this to work), we can always just roll back to committing the existing versions directly to those GitHub repositories and making them submodules.

Could you have a try and see if that is possible?

Regards, Mark.