[Ovmsdev] OVMS Power Drain?

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Tue Sep 27 15:55:16 HKT 2022

Michael,

it's generally a bad idea to have polls running just based on the client
connection status. Clients may be connected all the time, e.g. if users
attach some API pollers or set the App to persistent background
operation (which is necessary for widgets or tasker scripting for example).

You should only enable polling when actually necessary to perform some
user requested action, or to monitor a drive / charge session of course.

We've got an explicit "wakeup" command users can call to tell the module
to wake up the car. That needs to implement some timeout to put the car
back to sleep if it doesn't do so by itself.