[Ovmsdev] FYI: Historical Messages on api.openvehicles.com

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Nov 28 09:16:50 HKT 2022

FYI

We had an outage last night due to issues with an excessively ovms_historicalmessages table on the api.openvehicles.com <http://api.openvehicles.com/> server. Currently, that table has more than 150 million records, and has become largely unworkable due to its size.

I have temporarily moved the historical records to another table, and resumed service. Now working to find out the root cause of the issue (likely a few vehicles abusing the system). Hopefully I will be able to start restoring the old historical data later today.