[Ovmsdev] Fasttech: End of an era

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Wed Nov 23 14:33:01 HKT 2022

Just a short note to say that, effective immediately, OVMS will no longer be available from Fasttech. They have provided incredible support for the project over the past 10+ years, and we are immensely grateful for all that they have done. The team there have been fantastic, gone above and beyond, and I highly recommend them. While a few issues have led to the decision not to sell through Fasttech any more, primarily (with COVID-19 driving international logistics costs and shipment delays up), supporting OVMS modules sold globally through Fasttech has become prohibitively expensive and simply painful for everyone concerned (us, Fasttech, and the buyer). We are still a hobbyist project, without paid employees to handle support.

I would far rather that users in Europe buy through OpenEnergyMonitor, and users in North America buy through MedlockAndSons - obtaining quick simple delivery and local support. The vast majority of our users are in EU and US.

We will be looking for some other way of providing for and supporting Asia Pacific customers (probably out of Hong Kong, to keep warehousing and distribution as simple as possible). I will let you know once a decision there has been made, and if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.