[Ovmsdev] Advice regarding BmsSetCell...

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sat Nov 12 21:01:16 HKT 2022

The original Model S had a fairly simple to decode CAN bus message 0x6f2 with the first byte in range 0..1f and each message encoding 3 battery bricks, for a total of 96 bricks.

However, things have now got more complicated. A 75kWh Model X, and a replacement pack for a 85kWh Model S, contain cut-down packs with modules missing, so 0x6f2 only contains 28 messages, for 84 bricks, with bricks #15, #16, #17 and #31 missing from the message.

When we feed this into BmsSetCell… calls, the OVMS BMS support code sees the missing bricks, assumes things are missing, and refuses to give an output.

So my (hopefully simple) question, is how to tell it the brick arrangement? Or how to deal with these missing bricks?