[Ovmsdev] Introduction

Douglas Urner dlu at canishe.com
Mon Nov 7 09:27:15 HKT 2022

Hello, I’m interested in “rationalizing” our EV experience — and having a coding project to share with my daughter and nephews — so I’ve decided to see what I can do with OVMS.

We have a 2022 Kia Niro EV and a 2023 Chevrolet Bolt 2LT. My hope is to be able to use the OVMS app in place of the Kia UVO and Chevrolet On Star apps, so I’m quite interested in working on Bolt support, and the possibility of getting the remote start (e.g., cabin preheat) working on the Niro.

My software development background is primarily with OS development and maintenance (BSD Unix). These days I’m teaching high school CS, so I’m eager to have a “real” project to work on. With luck, my OVMS hardware will be arriving this week.

Best, Doug
—
Douglas Urner (he/they) | dlu at canishe.com | +1 360.769.5565