[Ovmsdev] Not processing canbus frames anymore

Craig Leres leres at xse.com
Sun Mar 20 07:39:28 HKT 2022

On 3/16/22 10:54, Craig Leres wrote:
> I have a v3.3 module in my Corvette and recently got it back on the road
> but I find that following the sim7600 modem testing I did a few weeks
> ago, it doesn't seem to be processing canbus frames. When the car is
> running, the module does not appear to update soc or vin although this
> used to work.

Actually there still seems to be a problem. Today I relearned how to run
savvycan remotely. What I find is I receive a burst of packets when I
first connect and then I lose the connection. I tried swapping in my dev
module but get the same symptoms. For all three of my modules currently
powered up, the gvret session consistently dies ~7 seconds after connecting.

Thursday I went for a quick drive and got a flatbed alert and I see now
that with the engine running v.e.on is "no". No idea why the module in
my CTS-V doesn't have the same problem. (But it is also unable to keep a
gvret session up.)

		Craig