[Ovmsdev] OVMS v3.3 hardware

Craig Leres leres at xse.com
Wed Feb 23 02:35:11 HKT 2022

I'd like to congratulate Mark and crew on the v3.3 hardware; I've been
running with one new v3.3 ovms module and two new sim7600G modems for a
few weeks without issue. While I still see the new modems connecting to
3G at times, it's really nice to have 4G capability well in advice of
the retirement of 3G. (The updated v3 esp32 is also nice...)

Given that my frankenstein modules still go into "user interrupt" after
so many hours of uptime, I think the best explanation is that it is due
to differences in their sim7600A-H firmware. I'd offer to ship Mark one
of mine for debugging if that would be at all useful given he is not
located in north america. (And if there is someone in the US that would
like to take a run at solving sim7600A issues, contact me offline.)

		Craig