[Ovmsdev] How to reset the sshd server key?

Craig Leres leres at xse.com
Sat Feb 5 13:19:44 HKT 2022

I was configuring a new module and I must have fat-fingered the zip pw
for config backup (reminder to self: always leave it empty so the module
pw is used). I wanted the new module to have a different sshd server key
but couldn't figure out how to do it. I tried things like:

     config rm ssh.server key

but couldn't get "config list ssh.info" to change. Is there a way to do
it? If not, is it hard to add?

I got around this painfully:

  - backup current config
  - module factory reset
  - follow the setup process, sshd server key generated along the way
  - backup the new config
  - unpack the original and new configs
  - copy ssh.info and ssh.server from the old to the new config
  - zip it, copy back to module, and restore

Prior to this method-of-last-resort I tried "config list ssh.server
0A132..." but the ssh interface truncates the ~2K string of hex digits.

		Craig