[Ovmsdev] Anyone working on Ioniq 5?

Michael Geddes frog at bunyip.wheelycreek.net
Wed Aug 31 09:47:58 HKT 2022

Thanks again. I had a look at the video about CAN decoding you referenced
so at least know where to start.  I have cloned the simplistic Ioniq
definition already there as a launch point, and there was a longer list of
Can messages on a github repo referenced in that forum post you referred
to.

The Ioniq 5 ordering in Australia is different but also has its issues due
to scarcity of getting them into the country.

- Orders are all online through Hyundai Australia rather than through
showrooms. So can't see them in showrooms.
-  Orders are first - come-first serve as they open up batches of cars to
specific States. Usually about a 10min window to snatch one up.
- you can request to do a test drive before you take delivery and do final
payments but not b4 you place order.

- insentives are state dependent and are starting to come in

I was lucky/persistent enough to get one in the first (even more chaotic)
round. 40 mins of navigation through an oveloaded website. Made worse
because of 3hr time difference between eastern states and where I am in
Perth.

Anyway, next step is waiting for the device to get here!

Michael