[Ovmsdev] GPS flatbed alerts from military jamming/spoofing?

Craig Leres leres at xse.com
Sun Apr 3 03:30:32 HKT 2022

On 4/2/22 11:06, Michael Balzer wrote:
> Your parking lot has pretty good GPS reception with never less than 7
> satellites in view, my case is near the edge of GPS unusability with
> some periods of only 2 satellites in view.

My condo has a detached two car garage and the walls and tar & gravel
roof are fairly RF transparent. My dev unit is in the spare bedroom and
there is aluminum (or similar) in the walls and roof that does a good
job of blocking both gnss and siriusxm satellite radio so the antenna
(attached to window blinds) does not have a 360° view of the sky.
Essentially it can only see out the window (which I believe has a UV
coating that probably degrades the signal some amount.

		Craig