[Ovmsdev] 20th September 2011

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Tue Sep 21 01:04:50 HKT 2021

Congratulations and happy birthday to OVMS.  I didn't jump on board
right away mostly because I did not want to pay for another SIM card.
But, when I was preparing for a road trip in the Roadster, I got a
hand-me-down OVMSv1 from Bennett Leeds when he got OVMSv2.  OVMS
proved its value for remote monitoring of charging on that trip.
The cost of the GeoSIM card wasn't too bad.

I've enjoyed the opportunity with OVMSv3 to keep my C++ skills active
in retirement.  The platform is so much more capable and the Hologram
SIM doesn't cost me anything on an ongoing basis since my usage is low
enough.

Thanks for letting me into the tent, Mark.  And Michael, thanks for
your ongoing stewardship.

                                                        -- Steve