[Ovmsdev] MBEDTLS (was: mongoose-wolfssl)

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Mon Mar 22 01:54:10 HKT 2021

On Sat, 20 Mar 2021, Stephen Casner wrote:
> The next step is to see what linkages to MBEDTLS remain.  I think
> https may be part of that.

I thought there was a configuration option to enable/disable MBEDTLS,
but I see now that there are just a bunch of configuration parameters
to adjust MBEDTLS.  I guess MBEDTLS is considered a built-in component
of ESP-IDF?  Perhaps that is not the case for newer releases since the
Espressif web page that Michael referenced earlier in this discussion
gave a comparison of WolfSSL vs. MBEDTLS.

So I don't know if there is any reduction in memory usage (code or
RAM) that we can achieve easily.

                                                        -- Steve