[Ovmsdev] GPS location glitch (flatbed theft false alert)

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Wed Jun 30 04:01:15 HKT 2021

Michael,

What would qualify as exactly the same bug behavior?  If it is
specifically that the latitude or longitude is reported as 0, that may
not be the same.  What we see is a sharp deviation in the GPS
position.

The symptom is false vehicle theft/flatbed alerts.  Gregd send a
message to ovmsdev about this in his Roadster on 2018-09-17.  In May
2019 there was more discussion on the list.  I did some logging and
caught one of these events and reported it on 2019-05-29.

Over time, the remediations we have discussed on the list were to
constrain that alert to the condition of the car being off (parked)
and to increase the radius that the jump would need to exceed.

                                                        -- Steve